Online poker is a huge favorite amongst gaming enthusiasts and with good reason too. It is possible to start playing this exciting game for free on many sites; even if you have to pay, charges are minimal. Moreover, you can play poker from any device you have, whether it is your desk computer or smartphone. And experience is not an issue because everyone gets a seat at the table.
What is online poker all about?
If you are familiar with playing poker, online poker is only the web version of it. You can choose from many poker sites which offer different variations of this game. Rules for the online game remain the same. The only difference being that online poker is always faster and less risky. So, you can actually start playing with very small amount of money. Besides, being online, you can satisfy your game cravings anywhere. The downside is that you will have to play against complete strangers and you cannot see them in front of you. So, figuring out when someone may be bluffing is more of a challenge here. There are numerous online poker sites to choose from, each with its own number of protocols. Picking the beste bitcoin casinos that comprises of poker games is a real challenge. Bitcoin poker, sports betting, and bitcoin casinos are all available on a variety of websites. All these sites require a minimum deposit with a welcome bonus.
Things to know before you start playing online poker:
- To start playing poker online you can use a device like your phone or laptop. You will find many apps these days, downloadable on iOS and Android devices that let you play poker on-the-go.
- You do not need to spend a lot of money on online poker when you are just starting out. So, you can start with as less as $50-$150 but you have to be careful not to exhaust whatever you have in your account at one time. This means choosing tournaments where fees are around $1 until you have enough in your kitty.
- To start playing the game, you must download the software first on your PC or phone. Memory requirement is not much and download is fast. For those not keen to download it, there are options to go to no-download poker sites to play here. But these may not offer the same features as the download version.
- Once downloaded, double click on the package to install software. Here, you must create an account; for that you need to be an adult. Not sticking to rules will get you in trouble because there are age-verifications.
- To deposit money, you need a credit card/prepaid card; most website will accept MasterCard or Visa, or any popular payment services like PayPal or Skrill.
- While poker has many variations, the most popular is of course No-Limit Texas Hold’em. There are thousands running 24×7 with different levels of stakes. Here, you are provided with 2 cards which you combine with 5 community cards. The learning curve may not be steep but it requires a high skill level to win.
- You will find many online poker tournaments which are even live like the World Poker Tour, European Poker Tour, etc. In tournaments, you must pay the buy-in to get chips. When chips are over, you must exit. These tournaments offer players an easy and cheap way to make a lot of money.
Knowing these basics can help you get started with online poker; go ahead and download the software and let the good times roll.